In 1945 our grandparents built a house in Sítio dos Lameirinhos, the western slope of Serra da Gardunha that leads down to the River Zêzere, at the end of the village of Barroca. The house and the farm had a housing and commercial purpose. Family life took place on the top floor of the house. On the ground floor, a huge wood oven supplied the bakery where butter, eggs, milk, fruit and other fresh products from the farm were also sold. A large pine forest supplied the firewood for the oven. Halfway down the hill there is a mine, whose waters go downhill through the lameirinhos to the house, located at the bottom.